Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Location. Location. Location.

I am a quiet and faithful person. I accept all people of all faiths in their life journey. I believe that each individual is called to a purpose in life and my duty is to support and love all of those around me. I bring my faith up, not to discourage or dis-include any individuals from participating in Two Rivers Academy. Two Rivers invites and loves all people from all backgrounds. I bring my faith up because it provides the full picture of my journey in entrepreneurship and the launching of this endeavor.


As a born again Christian, I believe that my life can be summed up in one Bible verse...
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps. Proverbs 16:9 KJV
As a truly goal oriented person, this provides me with a guiding light on a daily basis.
That being said, I have been motivated and empowered to make plans for this school and yet leaving
many of the uncertain things to my God and angels to provide.  I’ve always leaned into my all time
favorite verse…
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of the things unseen. Hebrews 11:1 KJV
This has been a huge source of encouragement throughout my life but particularly while spending much
of the last 2 years seeking my Masters in Entrepreneurship, praying, researching and writing about
Two Rivers Academy. Opening a school is bigger than just my hopes and dreams for my child.
It’s even bigger than the families it will serve in Tahlequah. It is bigger than the accumulation of my
life, my skills, my passions and my faith. But it is not bigger than my God.


How do I know this? There have been many instances of this along the way but the most recent
and vivid is absolutely astounding.


While seeking a location for the last month, I had been feeling that Pastor Jay Jones at
Abundant Life Church and a lawyer, Grant Lloyd, we met through our sons TKD class, would by my
keys to a beginning. I began praying avidly for a way to make this school happen for 2018.

However, I hesitated to make contact.
Partially out of fear and partially out of a need for a sense of readiness in my studies.
Then a few weeks ago when I felt bold and ready, I called both.  

Pastor Jay was very interested and excited. He was currently working on plans for an infant care
ministry and a location and would be in touch soon. I also spoke with Pastor Sean Ross at
Tahlequah Bible Church about the idea and he was very encouraging and interested as well.
Additionally, we worked with an amazing realtor, Janice Ratlif, to review our location options in town.
When I spoke with Grant Lloyd about our legal needs, he was ready and able to help AND he recalled
a property that would be great for such a venture.
Within days, we viewed an amazing property that was nearly in our budget. Making a large purchase of a property would essentially eat up most of my start up capital, so my
husband and I prayed and leaned in on it. We decided it could be worth the investment and delay in
opening the school.
On the day we were preparing to file for bank loans, Pastor Jay calls! He had secured a location for his new infant care ministry and invited us to view the property to see
if we would want to use the other portion of the space. As it turns out, it is the exact property we had
viewed and were preparing to apply for a loan for!


Call it coincidence, luck, fate, divine intervention or whatever you prefer… but I’m calling it proof
we are moving in the right direction and that God is in control of this school and my life.


And I expect there will be many more examples to come.

Let the renovations and preparations continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment